Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

changes!!!

I have decided that this blog is becoming far to whingy with less and and less positive stuff in it. This was always supposed to be my journey about how i live my life and for me to have something to look back on to see how things have changed.
I have decided that this blog will continue to be my fight with living with brittle asthma and emphysema and how i cope with it day to day. I am going to start updating this from this point of view on a weekly basis.
I am also going to include a separate post about life in general as the two run hand in hand. I am going to start a new blog for my working life as i have a very interesting job and no one knows much about it.

Health wise things are not to bad, from tomorrow i am down to 18mg of pred which is fab as i am desperate to get the dose down to something as low as possible, i know it is unlikely to ever be stopped but there is allways some hope.

I am going to list my drugs just so that i have a record of them and then i can look back and see any changes over time.



ADCAL-D3 Chewable tablets TWO TABLETS DAILY
CICLESONIDE CFC-FREE INHALER 160mcg TWO PUFFS TWICE A DAY
CODEINE PHOSPHATE 30mg TABLETS TWO TABLETS FOUR TIMES A DAY AS REQUIRED
CITALOPRAM 10mg TABLETS 1 DAILY
DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE 100mg TABLETS 1 TWICE A DAY
OMEPRAZOLE 40mg TABLETS 1 DAILY
FEXOFENADINE 180MG TABLETS 1 DAILY
IPRATROPIUM BROMIDE NEBULISER SOLUTION 500mcg/2ml ONE NEBULE 4-6 HOURLY
                                                                                                                WHEN NEEDED
NASONEX NASAL SPRAY 50mcg/dose TWO DOSES IN EACH NOSTRIL DAILY
PREDNISOLONE EC TABLETS 5mg and 1mg 18mg daily
RANITIDINE TABLETS 300mg 1 DAILY
SALBUTAMOL NEBULISER SOLUTION 5mg/2.5ml ONE NEBULE EVERY 4-6 HOURS WHEN
                                                                                         NEEDED
SALAMOL EASI-BREATH CFC INHALER 100mcg/puff 2 PUFFS AS REQUIRED
SERETIDE 250 EVOHALER 2 PUFFS TWICE A DAY
SINGULAIR 10mg TABLETS 1 DAILY
SUCRAFLATE 1g TABLETS 2 tablets 2 TABLETS TWICE A DAY
TIOTROPIUM SOLUTION FOR INHALATION 2.5mcg/puff 2 puffs daily
UNIPHYLLIN CONTINUS MR/TABLETS 200mg 2 TABLETS TWICE A DAY
DOMPERIDONE 10mg TABLETS          1 THREE TIMES A DAY
FERROUS FUMERATE 325mg TABLETS 1 THREE TIMES A DAY


 OTHER ANTIBIOTICS AS NEEDED AND ORAMOPH AS NEEDED


Symptom wise today i have o2 sats of 93%, peak flow 300 which is good for me.

I still have an irritating rash which aparently is viral. I was started on clarythromyacin last week as my sputum sample showed staph. I have finished them now and back to doxyclyclin so we will see if the rash improves.

All in health wise things are not to bad so i would like them to stay like that for a while as i have  a busy few weeks ahead!!


In normal life this week a year ago i was at strictly come dancing and it brought back some wonderful memories from when i was lucky enough to attend with Kate. It really was one of the best nights of my life. When i think back to how ill i was last year i think things have definetly improved so i think i should look at that as quite positive.
It was grandads birthday last week, he was 86 and as much as he drives me mad i love him very much and would be lost without him. We didnt so much for his birthday this year as we have all been so busy. I dont think he minded and i have promised we will make it up to him.

My grandad!!


This week i we had some upset over smugly, i thought at one point i could not take anymore of the arguments about him. I love him to bits and cant bare to part with him, even if he is naughty at times.






I have changed quite a bit since he moved in, i think i am now very soft!!! oh well i think it is for the better.


Oh well i think that is enough of an update for now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment