Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

A mixed week!!!!

This blog seems to be me always moaning and groaning and to be honest I don't care! At least if I do it here people don't have to listen to it all the time!!
This week has been very mixed, good in some ways but very bad in others!! Lets start with the good I have achieved lots at work, things have been finished, christmas organised and generally I am more organised than I have ever been. I know it sounds sad but at least if I end up poorly or in hospital everything will still happen and I won't feel so guilty! I'm hoping that wont happen and I will just benefit from being so organised!! Now for the not so good part of my week! As you know from my last post I have been having severe pain in my joints and couldn't sleep or do much at all! Well I have no idea how I have got through a while week at work feeling like this, especially yesterday when we had a huge power cut and I ended up staying on all day and worked bloody hard! It goes with the job you can't walk out in the middle if a crisis no matter how horrible you feel!!
It seems the symptoms are down to retaining fluid around from steroid use! Anyone that would ever want to stay in steroids must be mad I would give anything to get of them they are evil and whilst they are life saving the side effects from long term use are awful, I could go on and on but I won't as it gets boring after a while!!
Anyway I am hoping changing some drugs and taking regular pain relief will help soon! I'm going back to the gp next week if no better to see if there is anything he can offers, I'm sure they can't but its worth a try!!
I was hoping this weekend I could do nothing but there's no chance of that! I sometimes wish people would give me a break and when they keep saying you need to rest they would actually let me. I know I am my own worst enemy and will do anything for anyone but sometimes I wish I could say no and not feel so guilty and then end up doing it anyway! I have half done the housework and sorted out my meds for this week so just a few more jobs to do which include washing, hoovering, shopping and a few other things! Oh we'll I think that's enough whinging for now so may as well pull my socks up and get things done! I think tomorrow afternoon I will have an opportunity to sit and do nothing! Oh no I will have to cook dinner and sort out other people I expect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment