Pages

Sunday 7 August 2011

Been a while since i updated this so here goes!
After my last update things went from bad to worse health wise, i was seeing nurse daily and then on the thursday felt awful,couldnt seem to put my finger on it as breathing wasnt horrendous but wasnt right and just felt awful, ik kind of though things werent to bad as i saw the nurse inthe morning and she didnt seem overly concerned anyway after lots of consideration i  got kate to take me to a and e and as soon as i got there things went down hill fast, walked into a and e and then within half an hour was in resus where i spent the next 6 hours with doctors rushing around me trying to stabilise things, i saw the itu doctors far to much for my liking that night, it was strange really as i felt like i was watching from a distance although it was hapening to me!. I kind of wish i had the energy to ask for someone to call someone to stay with me as i was quite frightened but i just didnt want to make a fuss and had no energy to reel of phone numbers etc. Anyway eventually things were manageable and i ended up on respiratory ward where i stayed on iv drugs over the weekend. It was a hard weekend with things very up and down and doctors telling me i was lucky and i shouldnt leave things so late in future as i was extremelly ill on admission, the silly thing is i didnt feel that bad, i guess you just get used to it and the warnign signs are harder to see, i am thinkging that on that thursday if certain people had been at work they would have noticed and maybe interved,not that it is there jobor my expectation but i was really muddled that day and felt confused allday.anyway i  Finally convinced them i waas better and ready to be discharged on tuesday although they wanted me to stay till friday but now way was i staying for no real reason, so  home i went and since then things have been ok, im tired beyond belief and breathless on exertion but nothing i cant manage
When i got home it waas the 3 years to the day when kates dad died and i was trying to get out early to offer her soem support but it was to late, i hope she knows how much she means to me and how much i care, she is very good at hiding it but i know deep down she is hurting!!
Some goodnews when . I got home hough i got my OU results, i got a distinction so i was well impressed considering i had been so unwell before the exam and didnt revise as much as needed. I now need to concetrate on the next course and see if i can scrape though, fingers crossed.
Work is a different subject i am not going to say to much as its best not to, i really want to carry on working but it seems some people are trying to make it difficyly, what will be will be i guess.
I have been back to southampton and they have agreed that the surgery i need is definetly what i need and they are going  to help me push for it. so i am waiting ot hear from them and until then i am  being so careful what i eat. i am concentrating on yogurts and cereal as that iss ok, i have also decided that i need to try and get fit as the surgery will be a strain on my body anyway so i need to be at my best for it to be a success, so i amthinking about going swimming more regularly.
I had a busy day yesterday, dad got married to von and i hope they are really happy together it was very strange watching them get married but i am happy that they have found one another and are happy together.  in the evening it was gills bbq and it was a lovely evening and nice to get out for a few hours,it made mea realise that i should make the effort more as i always avoid going out, i think it is the effort it takes as when i get there i always have a good time.
Today i am officially cream crakered!! my body is physically knackered and emotionally im not in a good place, i think i have just had a busy week so today i am having a rest, pjs are staying on and lots of painkillers have been taken!
I have a plan for the week which includes getting a doctors appointment to see the nurse tomorrow and see about staying on higher dose steroids a bit longer and getting a general check over as things just dont feel right! i am  looking at joining the gym as a member to make swimming a little cheaper, we have the summer fete this week at work so going to bebusy sorting that out.
I am determined to not let people annoy me this week or make me  feel quilty for not being able to do things i can only be me and if people dont like that then i thnk they are going to have to sod of!!

Oh well not a lot else to say i think a nap is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment