Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

Life is so precious!

As I type this I am residing in my local hospital.
I think it had been building up for a few days as over the weekend I didn't feel great, then Monday I was tearful and so tired, to the point where I was in bed by 6pm, on Tuesday morning I woke up with a funny cough and just feeling yuck. Something in my head was saying that I needed to get to doctors. Bd maybe have steroids increased or change antibiotics. Well I got an appointment and saw the nurse she was really lovely as usual but new I wasn't well, she called the doctor and then an ambulance and I was in a and e very quickly, then to the assessment ward and now on the respiratory ward. Feeling better, just exhausted now, it's funny when just breathing makes you tired out. I was hoping to be out today but they want my peak flow way up from what it is so not sure how long that will take. Today I am to tired to argue with then but tomorrow I will as I am not staying in here the weekend. I am surrounded by two old ladies that need to be loved in a nursing home but in fortunately they will probably die in a hospital where the nurses just gave the time to give them one on one care! It breaks my heart to watch them, don't get me wrong they are being cared for but there is no privacy here for them and in the final moments of life that is so important. Another lady spends her whole time shouting as she is lonely, she is so sweet and just needs love and understanding. Another patient has been here forever it seems and has no intention of going home. Funny how the world goes round. This ward is my usual ward and it's nice because they know me but what drives me mad is when they say things like 'you just couldn't keep away' like anyone would choose to be here! I know they mean it as a joke but it's not funny when you have heard it twenty times before. .
Oh well tomorrow is a new day and I hope to be out of here and back to normal life, I think I have to get the ward sister to tell them I am ok as she knows me well and will be ok at home..
Oh well unless I am driven mad tonight with people shouting I wont be updating this until I get home in the comfort of my own surroundings oh and with smugly who I miss so much!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment