Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

Quick update

I haven't updated this for a while so thought a quick catch up was appropriate. The past few weeks have been busy with one thing and another with work, home and what seems like lots of hospital appointments. As for home everything is plodding along and me and grandad now seem back in our own routine again so that's one thing, the last few weeks I have been thinking much clearer and finally asked for some help from someone that I had been wanting to ask for for ages, anyway I did and I think it has sorted something out which is good. The most exciting news is that I am going on holiday in two weeks with my best friend, it was a bit of a last minute decision but it's now booked and we fly on the 12th may, I am very excited and looking forward to the rest. I know many people think we are stupid going away but like I have said before I need to live my life and make the most of what I have, my medical team know and although they were a bit worried they had to agree I am not silly and would be veto careful. So that's it we are of and I can't wait. Work is fine, just busy but thats normal I am now on shorter hours and Its nice if I can get away on time. As for health things are about the same I had a Southampton appointment and he decided the methotrexate wasn't working and was causing other problems so this has been stopped, I am disappointed but I can see his point. He is still keen for me to have the surgery on my stomach and he has said if that doesn't happen there is a new steroid sparing drug I voud try, other than that he said my lung function is still appalling, so yet again it is a waiting game, I saw the gastro surgeon who was lovely but not keen to do surgery, however he did agree to do three new tests to check my swallow etc and then see him in 6 weeks for a final decision. I have also seen the respiratory nurse and looked at all my medications as there are so many and it is getting confusing, any way she offered to get them blister asked for me if I want on a weekly basis, I wasn't keen on this so I have bitted the bullet and asked Kate to help me, she has helped me sort out all that I have and a couple I was taking at the wrong time, do now I think they are sorted, I can usually sort the out myself but when my oxygen levels are low I do feel a bit muddled and I think then I look at all the boxes and think, of f@@k where to start! Anyway that's done and although I felt odd asking for help I did it.m Another situation is a annoying me and I'm not going to say my here as its delicate and I need to sort it out myself, I I hate being used and I feel like someone is taking advantage, I have no idea where I stand and the situation has changed very much, oh well I guess time will tell and I just have to wait. Anyway I have a dy of housework and shopping ahead then I am going to collapse with exhaustion on the sofa later.

No comments:

Post a Comment