Pages

Thursday 8 April 2010

I suffer with severe brittle asthma, which is at the most severe end of the disease. Anyone that tells you that asthma is just an irritating wheeze that affects children is wrong!! I have daily symptoms, take lots of medication, including high dose steroids and daily nebulised medication. I also take more medications to reduce the side effects that the medication causes. Having severe asthma means that my life is very unpredictable. I can feel fine one minute and have an asthma attack the next. On a good day I feel like I have more energy and can do normal things, but on a bad day I have trouble carrying out the most basic of tasks such as getting dressed. I have had to give up many things over the years that other take for granted, this have included changing my job, not being able to take part in things I enjoy and even a night out with my friends can cause be a problem. Asthma can be frightening, debilitating and at times life threatening. Believe me I know. I have been hospitalised more times than I can remember and without the life saving drugs etc that they give me I wouldn’t be here today!! I am well aware that each asthma attack could end my life and this causes me, my friends and family great distress. I have learnt to deal with this over the years and it makes me more determined to live every day to the full and appreciate what I have in life.

.January 2010I have recently been told that i have emphysema, which means my lungs have been damaged beyond any real repair!! This will progressivly get worse and worse I am determined to try every treatment option and live my life to the full

No comments:

Post a Comment